cats, hats and things

Today was all about The Cat in the Hat.

I even wore my Thing 1 shirt to school today.  No blue hair though.  That would have been over the top!

We made Things (thanks Tina Ruff).  And now our classroom has been invaded.  There is no hope for any peace for me now!

You can't have Things running around the classroom without a Cat.  

So we made his hat.  

And ate it. 

I could not put my sanity to the test by making the lifesaver gummy - frosting hats.  Tomatoes and cream cheese were too unwieldy for 20 kindergarten kidlets.

Kitchen Fun with My Three Sons had the perfect answer.  


Three slices of banana.  Three slices of strawberries.  A skewer or popsicle stick. 


We constructed the hats.  




And ate the hats. 

Fun.  Healthy.  And my sanity is still intact.

Tomorrow is Green Eggs and Ham.  Sanity reassessment at the dismissal bell.  







7 comments

  1. MMm who could resist a fruity cat hat. Have fun Friday making eggs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the kids were very happy to gobble up the hats :)

      sandi

      Delete
  2. What a cute idea for the hats (and for your sanity)!

    Lindsey
    Lovin’ Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were a lot of fun - the kids seemed totally happy with strawberries and bananas.

      sandi

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you. I think they turned out pretty darned cute.

      Sandi

      Delete
  4. Love your Things! Those hats are perfect, too. I'm going to do that when I get back to school. Thanks!
    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top