Mr. Kandinsky circle tree

I love introducing my kidlets to famous artists and their work.

In the fall, we painted Starry Night like Mr. Van Gogh.  (I think that Starry Night is my most favourite "famous" painting.)


We painted portraits like Mr. Picasso.  Picasso was so right when he said:  Every child is an artist.  The problem is to remain an artist once we grow up.  


This week we have been thinking and talking about colour and shape like Mr. Kandinsky.


We made our own Mr. Kandinsky circle art (post coming soon), and the kids decided that we should put Mr. Kandinsky circles on our "tree".


So, let me tell you about our "tree".  Last year one of my student's dad was a tree pruner.  He brought me lots of wonderful sticks that we use for all sorts of things (building forts, magic wands, crutches - but not swords!) in our classroom.


One of the sticks was planted in concrete in a coffee can and is our tree.  It gets decorated with everything from Christmas decorations, to Mardi Gras beads to  snowflakes to Easter eggs to Mr. Kandinsky circles.



Today, it became a Mr Kandinsky tree.




I am thinking that after our Spring Break, we might repurpose them in a different kind of Kandinsky tree.




I love working with little artists.



1 comment

  1. That is so amazing that you are teaching this to your kiddos at such a young age. I love it!

    I am so glad I found your blog! I am your newest follower! I would love for you to come visit me if you get the chance. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top