Easter sensory bin

I figure it's  time for a bit of Spring in the classroom.

Time for a new sensory bin - an Easter sensory bin.




I used dyed rice as a base - green for grass.  I checked out the neon food colouring, but the green was very yellow - too yellow for grass.


So, I used the old traditional food colouring green as well.  


The different greens work well together.



Now to add the bits and pieces.
tie dye plastic Easter eggs
fillable carrots
three cut up Easter bead necklaces
a package of little wooden egg hanging ornaments with the strings cut off
spring coloured pom poms
a pair of bunny scissor for putting eggs in dye cups
some Easter themed erasers
some thrift shop Easter baskets/containers


still needs a bit of "sparkle"

blinged it up with
 a couple of Thai soup spoons
clear glass flat marbles
purple and pink plastic jewels
sparkly flower shaped bracelet links



and found the cutest little duckies - they even light up!



I always enjoy watched the kidlets interact with the sensory bin.  They always think outside my box; it is never a completed project.


I always meander through the blogosphere and check out Pinterest  to see what brilliant ideas are being shared before I make a sensory box for my kidlets.  

And Next Comes L - waterbeads are always fun
Pink and Green Mama - MaryLea is always brilliant
I Heart Crafty Things - adding a little number fun
Juxtapost - love the wooden spoon and basket
Modern Preschool - a bunny tail bin!




            

5 comments

  1. I totally miss working with prek students. We used to do something similar. Great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kindergarten kids are a lot of fun (and I have a fun creating the sensory boxes)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fun. just letting you know I've featured them on the Sunday Showcase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great Easter Sensory bin - so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top