sight words: colours

colour word crayons


I want my kidlets to read  and write colour words like there is no tomorrow.  I want the kids to own them.  

Mastery.  


Automaticity (6 syllables - my kids will like that word!)
So, let’s make it amusing - make it appeal to the brain.
I asked myself - what are different colours - crayons of course.
What shape should I make my colour words - crayons of course.



We use the crayon words in the pocket chart to make patterned stories. This is from Valentines Day - we made friendship fruit salad.


I keep these crayon colour words in a basket in our carpet area  - available for the kidlets to use to tell their own stories, write their own stories, or use .... (they come up with fabulous ideas that I have not thought of!)

There are also larger colour crayons on a wall.



Fun for the brain.  

Makes a connection to previous experience.  


Great for reading.  Great for writing.


What fun tricks do you have to help your kidlets read colour words?









1 comment

  1. I love the color words!

    Michelle
    http://applesandabcs.blogspot.com/2012/03/pirate-theme.html

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top